Below are interesting statistics on social media usage. Feel free to share your favorite social media statistics in the comments section.
- 89% of US companies use social media for recruiting (Source: Jobvite)
- 71% of online Americans use video sharing sites, a 5 percent increase over 2010 (Source: Pew Internet)
- 69% of travel companies have seen traffic growth from Facebook; 46 percent have seen the same from Twitter (Source: Tripl)
- 34% of US cell phone owners have shot video with their phone, while 26 percent have watched video on their phone (Source: Pew Internet)
- 27% of time spent on Facebook is spent on either the Homepage or Newsfeed, with just 10 percent spent on apps (Source: comScore)
- 20,000,000 visitors world wide for Google’s fledgling social product, Google + (Source: comScore)
- 500,000 merchants have signed up for location-based social network Foursquare (Source: Foursquare)
- 80% of advertisers renew their campaigns with Twitter (Source: eMarketer)
Working on building your Twitter following? Here are 10 tips from All Twitter.