It’s been a few months since we published a social media stats post, and there has been a lot of social activity this summer! Below are some interesting statistics on social media usage. Feel free to share your favorite social media statistics in the comments section or Tweet @bankingdotcom.
- 250,000,000 The number of accounts that have upgraded to or signed up for a Google+ account (Source: Google)
- 17: the percentage of cell phone owners who do most of their online browsing on their phone, rather than a computer or other device (Source: Pew Internet)
- 3.6 billion dollars in gross revenue is projected by the end of 2012 for video sharing platform YouTube (Source: Citi)
- 52: the percentage of all cell phone owners who use their phones while watching television (Source: Pew Internet)
- 18: the percentage of teens who would stop communicating altogether if their favorite technological channel of communication disappeared (Source: AWeber)
- 7.56: the average percentage of traffic to Facebook Pages from external referrals (Source: PageLever)
- 41.7: the percentage of the top 10,000 websites that have some form of Twitter link on their homepage (Source: Pingdom)
- 36.6 billion online content videos were viewed by US Internet users in May 2012 (Source: comScore)
- 152,000,000: the number unique US visitors to Facebook.com in May 2012, placing the social network in second place behind Google (Source: Nielsen)
Curious if LinkedIn Groups are useful? Here are some tips on how marketers can benefit from participating in LinkedIn Groups.